[SAC] OSGeo archives at Nabble (Fwd: Re: Taking ownership)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Nov 12 15:25:56 EST 2011

On 11-11-11 05:06 AM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
> I think it's worth, is my first entry point to search across several
> mailing list at once, to provide nice links to discussion and (at least
> at gvSIG mailing lists) is the way some users post as they prefer the
> "forum" look and feel.
>
> I'm still offering myself to give a hand at any responsibility level, so
> if Mateusz wants to step back and the committee agrees I can be the
> contact point and admin for it. If it's a lot of effort I will for sure
> come here to ask for help.
>
> Anyway the approach of having at least two points of contact is working
> well on the planet and as far as we use the alias email to notify every
> action, everyone on the team (Paolo Corti, Mateusz and me at least) are
> aware of pending tasks.

Jorge,

With Mateusz' support, I would we establish you as primarily responsible
for Nabble at OSGeo.  I have made a preliminary note to this effect at the
end of:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Mailing_Lists

I encourage you to launch into this role, and make notes either in the
above Wiki page or if there is enough material to setup a complimentary
wiki page.   If you need a single administrator email address for Nabble
administration I would be happy to setup a nabble at osgeo.org alias.  I
am hesitant to use info at osgeo.org though we could if you want.  It's just
that Howard and I would need to manually forward all nabble related email.

As the administrator of the gdal-dev mailing list I have had the impression
that posting through nabble to this list is not working.  I vaguely suspect
this is because gdal-dev was migrated from maptools.org to osgeo.org without
any corresponding update at Nabble.  Time permitting perhaps you could  look
into this problem.

I can file an OSGeo / SAC ticket on the issue if needed.