[SAC] Request to block LDAP user and clean web site.

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 18 20:31:52 EST 2011

On 2011-11-18, at 5:25 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> It was my understanding that only specially authorized folks
> could create Drupal content - not just everyone with an LDAP
> account.  I'm quite surprised at this issue.

There are two catalog systems on there, one for "library" and
another for "educational" content.  They are set so that only
authenticated users can contribute.  How else could we enable
that we the goal is to have membership broadly contribute?

I would like to see an email confirmation step at least in the
LDAP registration process - I think it would also help weed
out some more bots - though certainly not all.  Aside from that
then some other sort of captcha too which I thought was
running already too.

Tyler