[SAC] [SECURITY] [DSA 2360-1] Two month advance notification for upcoming end-of-life for Debian oldstable (lenny)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sun Apr 8 22:15:17 EDT 2012

On 12-04-08 02:54 PM, Martin Spott wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 11:28:50PM +0100, Martin Spott wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 09:29:05PM -0800, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>
>>> Would you be willing to upgrade mail.osgeo.osuosl.org at your convenience?
>>> It isn't in active use yet so downtime is not an issue.
>>
>> Will do. Did you already migrate Postfix/Mailman custom configuration
>> I should preserve ?
>
> You didn't respond neither to this nor to any of the two subsequent
> EMails on this topic.  The item is now two months old and there are
> just another two and a half months left until "osgeo1" is supposed to
> to get shut down.  If you want/expect anybody else to continue the
> mail/lists migration (I suspect they'd have to start from scratch),
> then please let us know.

Martin,

I don't recall seeing any subsequent emails on this topic though the above
one does ring a bell.  There is a customized mailman configuration to some
extent.  I wasn't aware something special needed to be done deal with that
but if so I'd suggest ignoring it and I will have to recreate it.

Do you really need to do some manual magic to preserve every configuration
file on systems that are upgraded?