[SAC] ProjectsVM Upgrade Problem

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Feb 8 13:14:07 EST 2012

On 02/08/2012 02:33 AM, Martin Spott wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 08:08:02PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
>> On 02/06/2012 01:44 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>>> I have taken liberty to stop srorgapache, now the performance is sort of back.
>>>
>>> Perhaps srorgapache should go to a different machine since it is slowing
>>> down foss4g, gdal, geos, geotools, grass, grass wiki,  mapbender,  mapserver,
>>> openlayers,  remotesensing.org, and  tilecache.
>>> ?
>
>> It's quite a popular site so we can't leave it off indefinitely (It
>> appears to be on again). I did manage to figure out how to run the site
>> via gunicorn instead of apache [...]
>
> Oh, this sounds like a valuable progress !
>
> Thanks,
> 	Martin.

Ok gunicorn is running on port 8092, if the test goes well I'm going to
restrict it to localhost so only the apache can see it and proxy it.

To restart gunicorn it's just like any other service /etc/init.d/gunicorn

The config to tweak workers etc is in /etc/gunicorn.d/

I left the srorgapache turned on for now, but swapped it in the
sr.org.conf in /etc/apache/site-available/
To change back just adjust the comments to turn on gunicorn and turn the
old proxy back on.

PS: I wonder if the proxy was slowing down because it had to resolve the
dns for every request? the new proxy uses 127.0.0.1 instead and seems to
work (possibly faster).