[SAC] ProjectsVM Upgrade Problem

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Feb 8 16:51:29 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:46:42PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Martin Spott <Martin.Spott at mgras.net> wrote:

> > Ok, now I know why: Some braindead jerk put the IP of my internet
> > connection into the /etc/hosts.deny file
>
> I believe that this is simply the culprit of
> /usr/sbin/denyhosts

Actually that's pretty unlikely because there's just one single, quite
well maintained machine at this very fixed IP, being equipped with just
the minimum of what is required for an Internet gateway, having just a
single working shell account which permits to log into the OSGeo VM's -
and this particular account is having guaranteed working login into the
OSGeo VM's by using an SSH public key.

Of the five OSGeo VM's which have been updated to Squeeze so far, all
are running the same "denyhosts" configuration but just "adhoc" and
"projects" were denying SSH login from my IP.

Strange, isn't it !?

Cheers,