[SAC] Fair projectsVM usage (esp. Openlayers)

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 28 15:17:06 EST 2012

Martin wrote:
> As such I've been pointing out that, according to my
> understanding, you're trying to cure a symptom instead of
> fixing a cause.

It may well be that my theory is not correct, but even if it is
wrong, nice'ing background jobs is good practice and should
happen anyway. If it solves the problem great, if the waiting-
for-kernel-io level remains very high, then we keep looking
for some other root cause like the way the virtual disks are
set up or an unfortunate stripe size on the host's RAID. Maybe by
clearing away the noisy symptom we get a clearer look at what is
currently hidden behind it.

> If you don't agree, that's fine with me, but don't expect me
> to waste time on stuff which I think follows the wrong track.

I ask nothing of you personally, just for help from the group
since now the performance of the server is poor for <=30 minutes
a day.

regards,
Hamish
(experimentalist)