[SAC] New Vms w/ Debian 7

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sat Aug 23 07:09:55 PDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 04:02:49PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 8:14 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
> > On 05/10/2014 02:37 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:

> >> Question: is there any chance that OSUOSL lets us temporarily move our
> >> VMs off the current host machine to a different one (perhaps after
> >> shrinking their size to a minimum) in order to be able to redo the
> >> RAID stuff etc - then move back our VMs?
> >>
> >> Markus
> >
> > I will ask.
>
> Did you obtain any answer?

Generally speaking we could even store LVM snapshots of our VM's on the
"backup" machine - but unfortunately we can't, because access to the VM
hosts is too limited.
We could even create full filesystem dumps of the affected VM's, store
then on the "backup" machine. Bu we still need OSL support in order to
redo the RAID and virtualization setup.

Cheers,