[SAC] [OSGeo] #1423: FOSS4G 2015 redirect

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Nov 10 05:48:38 PST 2014

On 2014-11-10 9:18 AM, Martin Spott wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 07:07:37AM -0000, OSGeo wrote:
>> #1423: FOSS4G 2015 redirect
>> ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
>>   Reporter:  jmckenna       |       Owner:  sac@…
>>       Type:  task           |      Status:  new
>> Component:  Systems Admin  |    Keywords:  DNS, FOSS4G
>> ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Comment(by jinifor):
>>
>>   Hi, anyone is handling this issue?
>
> Sorry, I felt a little bit flooded by the pile of comments and didn't
> realize my name was mentioned.  Tonight I'll try to understand what's
> missing.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Martin.

I understand what you mean Martin, I personally am a little disappointed
at all the comments, when I would hope that such a request would be
straight forward.  As you can see, with more and more FOSS4G events
happening, and often for the local committee it is easier for them to do
their own hosting, we'll be facing this task more often.  If we can come
up with a proper process for handling these requests that would be great
for everyone.

-jeff