[SAC] [OSGeo] #1633: Update OSGeo SSL certificate - if needed

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Apr 20 12:48:38 PDT 2016

This deadline is looming.

My recommendation, we take the weekend to shop around and buy a new cert
for a better price for 3-5 years. Please everyone take 5 minutes to look
for an option and reply to the thread with url and prices.
Last time it was $1500 if I recall, I think we can at least get it down
to $1000 just by using a different vendor.

If I understand correctly we have 2 certs (can someone verify)?
osgeo.org
*.osgeo.org

Long term we should start using letsencrypt on various other domains we
host. Foss4g.org would be a good place to start.

We need to make the purchase roughly on Monday to have to time to get it
verified, created and deployed next week.

Any opinions?