[SAC] budget 2017

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Dec 16 03:41:15 PST 2016

we request budget for infrastructure consolidation, maintainance
and growth.

Example of things that should be addressed:

 - Upgrading TRAC to latest release
   https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1816

 - Adding LDAP support to the wiki
   https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/165

 - Mailman "message held" form action is http
   https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1677

 - Add backup for tracsvn:/home/git/gogs/data
   https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1657

 - Setup more VMs for testing new services

Previous years budget can be found here:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Budget

The 2016 one is still unspent, btw, due to lack of decision upon
the second sysadmin contract (which I proposed as a agenda point
for a never made september meeting: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Sep2016)
I'll make a motion for that part.

I think 2017 could benefit from a further raise in budget,
starting from 15K. What do you think ?