[SAC] GitLab deploy update (runner, and out-of-space)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Oct 20 12:24:36 PDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 07:48:21PM +0200, Björn Harrtell wrote:

> I'm still interested (not sure about community interest in general though)
> but been reluctant to put more time into it because of GitLab only being
> partially free with some needed features missing in the community edition,
> most importantly repository mirroring.

Yeah, that's what did set me off too, but as we add more projects to
Gogs (I moved a couple postgis repos this week) I start being
concerned about the stability of Gogs. Just looking a bit forward.

Note that on the Gogs side I also spent some time drafting a trac2gogs
commandline: https://notabug.org/strk/trac2gogs :)

> No idea what MongoDB is used for, cannot find it related to GitLab or
> Mattermost.

People in #gitlab say they are pretty sure MongoDB isn't used by
GitLab and recommend checking if it's not listening on public IP/ports
(as it would let anyone w/out any authentication to fill up the
databases). I've no experience with MongoDB to check this out.