[SAC] OSGeo Trac updated to always notify list

Eli Adam eadam at co.lincoln.or.us
Mon Apr 3 17:26:34 PDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 8:53 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 08:37:22AM -0700, Eli Adam wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>> > FYI: I've set the "smtp_always_cc" variable in trac.ini for the osgeo
>> > trac instance to sac at lists.osgeo.org. Before this only tickets assigned
>>
>> Does this mean that all OSGeo Live tickets will go to the list as
>> well?
>
> Yes
>
>> That might be a fair number of updates,
>> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/query?status=assigned&status=closed&status=new&status=reopened&component=LiveDVD&order=priority
>
> Could it be an option to move LiveDVD issues in its own instance ?
> Maybe on Gogs instead of Trac ? Or I could again move back but I'm
> concerned about missing wider notification about tickets that would
> otherwise have a single person receiving the notification (wiki
> in particular).

I don't know.

>> Could additional components (i.e. wiki) be added?
>
> Wiki is already present, take a look at which components exist.
> Each component, to my knowledge, has an "owner" who would receive
> the notification. The default owners is this list, but components
> (like "wiki") have specific owners. For wiki the owner is Christian
> who may be not always available to react to the notifications, which
> is the reason why I've added SAC list in Cc. There are probably other
> solutions.

Now that I read your answer and reread what I wrote, I see that I
wrote the wrong thing or at least was unclear.  What I meant was, can
additional (already existing) components (like wiki) be added to sac
notification?  Or phrased better, can the SAC list be added to
additional (already existing) components (like wiki)?  So that wiki
component would go to Christian and the SAC list?

Best regards, Eli