[SAC] Wiki registration process

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Feb 7 06:56:40 PST 2017

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 3:49 PM, Jeff McKenna
<jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just helped a known community member get 'approved' to edit the OSGeo
> wiki, with a new account.  This is the first time I have ever went to this
> section of the wiki, where I see SO MANY people (who have confirmed their
> requests) sitting and waiting for an admin to approve their wiki accounts:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:ConfirmAccounts

STRONG warning: most were fake requests, I have removed a lot some
days ago. The unsure ones remained.

Please be very careful when approving (see bad experience in the
past). Some of such people don't even hesitate to steal a CV from an
existing Wiki member!

> Question: who is notified of each request when the account is 'confirmed'?

Nobody to my knowledge. Some of us Wiki admins check the
ConfirmAccounts page from time to time. A very unpleasant job btw.
Looking forward to the day that the Wiki will be connected to LDAP
(which is apparently complicated).

cheers
Markus