[SAC] osgeo group on freenode

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Feb 16 10:36:09 PST 2017

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 02:55:21PM -0400, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> next time if we need any IRC
> changes there is a Freenode Staff person who lives (always) in the #foss4g
> channel, his nick is "tomaw".

Something to add to the wiki page ?
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/IRC#Administration_and_Ops
(btw, adding registered nicknames there would probably help)

> Also, now that we have control of an OSGeo 'group', should we consider
> adding the OSGeo projects' IRC channels into the group as well?

You mean renaming channels like #postgis to #osgeo-postgis ?
Or what does it mean, exactly, to add IRC channels into the group ?
Sorry I'm very new to this, all I really needed was to set the topic
on #osgeo-sac :P