[SAC] Access to GDAL Trac database

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Sep 25 22:26:53 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 01:19:47PM -0500, Harrison Grundy wrote:

> If we were to develop an automated way to clone things like the
> projects' GH repos, issues, etc. it would allow the member projects to
> take advantage of these services, knowing that they cannot end up stuck
> in a dead end simply because someone else's business model didn't pan out.

Both the current experimental Gogs and GitLab deploys already support
mirroring the code (by polling, periodically).

Tickets cloning/sync is not available out-of-the-box, but I'm not sure
how it would work (tickets would need to be read-only).

> We don't do the member projects any good by overcommitting ourselves
> to things we don't have time to do well. (Something I'm incredibly guilty
> of myself.)

Eh, I'm glad you recognize that. I was putting lots of hope in
your taking charge of Wiki/LDAP integration...

> Let's set up a time to discuss this and what everyone sees SAC's role
> as being in the future, along with what we need to accomplish that.

I've called for a meeting in September 2016 [1] but that call
remained unanswered. Should we try again ? Please start a new
thread calling for a meeting, I'll do my best to be there.

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2016-September/007419.html