[SAC] OSGeo7 Sever Config Quote

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri Feb 16 06:33:39 PST 2018

Alex M wrote:

> The plan based on discussions is to manage KVM virtual machines, lvm
> drives, with libvirt.

Of course I'm not in a position to veto against this conclusion, anyhow I'd
like to emphasize that I'd rather not support another virtualization setup
having a boot loader inside the respective VM's.  From my perspective this
adds maintenance overhead without benefit.

The last infrastructure transition was driven by people who've been
abdicating from their responsibilities shortly after making far-reaching
technical decisions, letting others suffer from the trouble they caused.
Thus, whoever is supporting the above conclusion should be prepared to stand
by their responsibilities for a couple of years fixing stuff *themselves*
whenever anything goes wrong !!

Cheers,