[SAC] [Hosting] Fwd: Unplanned outage: North-bound transit provider down, 2018-02-22 11:57

Lance Albertson ramereth at osuosl.org
Thu Feb 22 12:37:02 PST 2018

An update from NERO

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephen Fromm <stephenf at nero.net>
Date: Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 12:36 PM
Subject: Re: Unplanned outage: North-bound transit provider down,
2018-02-22 11:57
To: NERO Outages List <outages at nero.net>

On Thu, 2018-02-22 at 12:13:51 -0800, Stephen Fromm wrote:
> Multiple networks that NERO peers with in the Portland area are
> currently unreachable, including NERO's north-bound transit provider.
> Traffic should have shifted to alternate paths.  We are investigating
> the cause of the outage and have engaged the transit provider on the
> issue.

Service is now restored.  There was a power event that impacted some
networks at the co-location facility in Portland.  No further outages
are expected.

Please contact the NERO NOC if you have questions or concerns:

email: noc at nero.net
phone: 541.346.6376

--
Stephen Fromm
Network for Education and Research in Oregon

Lance Albertson
Director