[SAC] [Hosting] [OUTAGE]: Backbone switch reboot - Jun 8, 2023 2:02-2:40PM PDT (2102-2140 UTC)

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Thu Jun 8 15:17:22 PDT 2023

All,

Unfortunately one of our core backbone switches (oslsw1 - Cisco Nexus) had
a kernel panic and rebooted itself _twice_. We removed two unused QSFP+ NIC
modules as that was mentioned in the logs as a possible issue.

We're still working on migrating services off of this switch so that we can
mitigate this in the future.

We have resolved any remaining issues that were related to this.

Thanks for your patience.

--
Lance Albertson
Director