[SeasonOfDocs] Style guides

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 04:13:51 PDT 2019

If we are to "do the hard work to make things simple", then we should
help a new project embrace a well know and widely adopted style guide.

Distill the numerous existing options down to a small subset of
favourites, and then provide a clear decision tree for selecting one
over the other. This would be a very valuable task for the greater
community - although it would likely be a lot of work to take it through
to completion.

I'm not sure if anyone is ready to pick up this task yet?

On 5/8/19 12:57 pm, Clarence Cromwell wrote:
> There was mention of style guides and American English versus UK
> English in the comments on Google docs.
>
> It might be early to make a motion, but I'd like to know what people
> think.
>
> I would be inclined to use the Merriam-Webster Dictionary and the
> latest Microsoft Style Guide, because they are both available online
> and free. Also the MS is ideal for technical writing.
>
> In the SF Bay Area, there's a strong bias towards American English.
> :- )

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254