[SeasonOfDocs] OSGeo Season of Docs has been allocated 2 tech writers

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 14:39:45 PDT 2019

Folks from TheGoodDocsProject and OSGeo communities,

Felicity Brand and Swapnil Ogale have been selected to join Google's
Season Of Docs [1], under the umbrella of the OSGeo Foundation. Felicity
and Swapnil are both seasoned technical writers, keen to help, and keen
to learn about working with Open Source communities. I'm sure you will
make them feel welcome and will help them to help us.

Felicity has opted to focus on reviewing OSGeo Quickstarts.

Swapnil had opted to create writing templates for Open Source, but these
tasks are being superseded by the emerging GoodDocsProject [2], so we
plan to focus Swapnil in one of the other writing tasks on the OSGeo
agenda. (More details to come).

Of note, discussion [3] about OSGeo's Season Of Docs has led to scores
of writing volunteers signing up to progress documentation in
GeoNetwork, QGIS, OSGeoLive and Open Source in general through
TheGoodDocsProject. Come join our email list, or reach out to me, if you
are interested.

Cameron (one of OSGeo's SeasonOfDocs admins)

[1] https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/participants/

[2] https://thegooddocsproject.dev/