[SeasonOfDocs] Proposed TheGoodDocsProject workshop for the Australian WriteTheDocs conference

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 04:36:52 PDT 2019

In true last minute style, I'm putting finishing touches on a proposed
GoodDocsProject workshop for the WriteTheDocs conference in Australia.
Felicity suggested identifying topics to work on. I'd like to propose the
template names we would review.

Erin, Becky, what are the names of the templates you propose to add to our
repository. (I'm thinking I could potentially list them.)

I'm also thinking I'll invite people to contribute to:
* A template, embedded with concise writing instructions.
* Example(s).
* Deeper practical tips and explanations and justification for approaches.
* Collated background theory.

On Sun, 21 Jul 2019 at 06:46, Felicity Brand <felicitybrand at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Cameron,
>
> I had a read of this and it's an interesting idea. I'd like to hear a bit
> more about your thinking behind it.
>
> It's a bit nebulous - is that intentional?
> "...the range of challenges we are facing. We will then break out into
> working groups to brainstorm ideas for solutions and content."
>
> Will the PSC try to come up with specific problem areas for you to take to
> that workshop?
> Will there be some sort of disclaimer that TGD project won't necessarily
> use all the ideas that come out of the workshop?
>
> Cheers
> Felicity
>

> On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 8:45 AM Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>> I'm drafting a proposed workshop for the WriteTheDocs conference, to be
>> held in Sydney, Australia in November 2019.
>> http://www.writethedocs.org/conf/australia/2019/
>>
>> Who else would be interested in co-presenting/coordinating this workshop?
>>
>> Draft proposal:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Xr358rNgnIQMACTIa9vb60V9r1YK8UNDAA4c9g3lLM/edit
>>
>> Feedback and suggestions welcomed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Cameron Shorter
>> Technology Demystifier
>> Open Technologies and Geospatial Consultant
>>
>> M +61 (0) 419 142 254

Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier

M +61 (0) 419 142 254