[SeasonOfDocs] Suggested slack message

Felicity Brand felicitybrand at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 18:14:10 PDT 2019

Hi Cameron and Jo,

It looks like you haven't posted this in Slack yet, am I right?

I think it looks good. My only query is around the stipend statement - I
think it's muddying the water here.
My understanding of the stipend is that writers can choose to either opt-in
(or out) when they submit their proposal - and will get paid upon
successful completion of their project work.

This blurb could finish nicely at the word "momentum" and follow up with
the hyperlink.

--------------------------------

Are you a tech writer keen to help build a suite of writing templates,
technical instructions, and best-practice guidelines for open source
projects? By making an open project in its own right we want to get the
biggest reach we can.
Are you interested? We already have 10+ techies and a few writers
volunteering, and are building a good momentum. Details at:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs_Ideas_2019#Best_practice_templates

-----------------------------

Then I re-wrote it to the below - which may or may not hit the mark:
---------------------------------

Season of Docs is making us think bigger!
We want to create an open source Documentation Project to establish a
library of broadly applicable templates for the open source community.
Are you a tech writer keen to help build a suite of writing templates,
technical instructions, and best-practice guidelines for open source
projects? We want to hear from you.
We already have writers, techies and devs volunteering, so momentum is
building. Come and get involved!

Details at:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs_Ideas_2019#Best_practice_templates

It also makes me think that we need a hyperlink that isn't embedded in the
OSGeo ecosystem. So perhaps we create some kind of lite landing page first
before we spruik - to give folks a place to register interest. Yes/No?

Also, if I have understood correctly about what we're trying to do...we're
gonna need a *name *for the thing.