[SeasonOfDocs] TheGoodDocsProject: Kickstarting house keeping tasks

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 15:51:58 PDT 2019

Now TheGoodDocsProject is gaining momentum, we should start bootstrapping
core open source organisational tasks.

Things to agree upon:
1. How will we make decisions? I propose to set up a Project Steering
Committee (PSC), and base our processes upon best practices. Let's start
from here: https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeolive/wiki/OSGeoLive%20PSC (We can
revisit this later).

2. We will need to decide whether we create a new project or join an
existing one. (PSC to decide).

3. We need to agree on a name. Googleing "gooddocs" I found:
https://www.gooddocs.net/ . Are we ok with potential clash? Should we pick
another name?

4. We should select a license that the material is created under. I think
that we want a very permissive license for templates, so they can be used
as widely as possible. Maybe:
https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/public-domain/cc0/

5. We should agree on source location, email list, slack channel (Felicity
has made a start here).

And probably a few more things.

It is ~ 10 years since I set up a project from scratch, so while I
understand the process, I'm a bit out of touch with the latest tools.
Suggestions would be welcomed, and we can touch on this in our online
meeting tomorrow.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technology Demystifier