[SeasonOfDocs] Update to member levels and email settings in groups.io

Jo Cook jo.k.cook at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 01:22:22 PDT 2019

Hi All,

As per yesterday's Project meeting, I've confirmed that it's possible to
have multiple owners for groups in groups.io, and have promoted all members
of the PSC that have subscribed to be owners. I've also (I think) updated
the email settings to force plain text and strip attachments.

I think it would be good if we could now start persuading all tGDP
subscribers on this list (seasonofdocs) to migrate to groups.io instead so
I propose some dedicated messaging around that, along with a link from the
website and some tweets.

Also I recall yesterday that someone mentioned issues with adding pages to
the website, and how to create links- happy to help resolve this if needed-
it might be a good idea to put some notes on the website wiki about how to
do basic things like create new themed pages, make links, force links to
open in new tabs etc as it's not always clear.

While I am massively busy for the next month, I should be able to sneak in
some time for quick admin/helping actions- it's the more time-consuming
things that I'll have trouble fitting in, so don't hesitate to shout if
there's anything I can do!

All the best

Jo