[Shapelib] help with SHPWriteObject

Jeff Mosch Jeff.Mosch at dtn.com
Fri Jun 16 09:53:11 PDT 2006

I am having problems whenever I call the SHPWriteObject routine.  I'm
able call all of the other routines that I need.  I get an 'Access
Violation' when making the call to SHPWriteObject.  Are there any common
mistakes that I could check?  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks...  Jeff

            hShape = SHPCreate( szRemotePath, SHPT_POLYGON );

            hDBF = DBFCreate( szRemotePath );

            vPolygonNum.vt = VT_I4;

            vPolygonNum.iVal = 0;

            KSHAPEFILES_AddFieldsToDBFNoConnection( hDBF, nTypeInteger,
vPolygonNum, nPrecision1, nNumericScale0, strPolygonNumber );

                            phObject = SHPCreateSimpleObject(
SHPT_POLYGON, knotCounter, dXPos, dYPos, dZPos );

//                                  nObject = SHPWriteObject( hShape,
knotCounter, phObject );

                    SHPDestroyObject( phObject );

// Polygon Number

                                    vPolygonNum.iVal = nThisPolygonNum;

                                    KSHAPEFILES_WriteAttributeToDBF(
hDBF, knotCounter, 0, nTypeInteger, vPolygonNum.iVal );

DBFClose( hDBF );

SHPClose( hShape );