[SoC] SoC list Questions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 16 17:49:05 EDT 2007

Jody Garnett wrote:
> Tap tap tap - is this thing on.
>
> Frank I was not sure if you wanted project leads to take this SoC list
> to our respective developer communities (projects can still hunt down
> additional mentors and ideas). Last year we found that the SoC email
> list itself was suitable for lots of organizational tasks.

Jody,

I'm not sure what project leads would be taking this list to their
communities for.  I do think that project leads (or anyone taking the
initiative) should ensure that folks who want to be mentors are on this
list if they aren't already.

I was anticipating that projects will analyse student proposals related
to their proposals on the appropriate project lists.  Are you suggesting
that this might better be done here?  I don't mind that approach either.

Best regards,