[SoC] SoC list Questions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 16 18:56:10 EDT 2007

Jason Birch wrote:
> I apparently haven't been approved as an OSGeo mentor yet?

Jason,

As I wander around on the google dashboard thingy, I see there is
a page apparently for approving mentors, which I hadn't done yet.

I have gone through and approved all the mentors from the application
list.  Note that I indicated in our application that our mentors were
selected by the PSC.  This hasn't been strictly true, but before
we select a student project, and associate a mentor with the project
I would like to see the project PSC approve both.

I would point out that a mentor without sufficient project experience, time
or mentoring skills is likely to negatively affect project outcome.  Amoung
other things bad project outcomes will reflect badly on OSGeo for future
years of the summer of code, so we want to avoid disasters.

Best regards,