[SoC] SoC list Questions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 16 20:22:32 EDT 2007

Jason Birch wrote:
> ---------------
> I would point out that a mentor without sufficient project experience,
> time or mentoring skills is likely to negatively affect project outcome.
> Amoung other things bad project outcomes will reflect badly on OSGeo for
> future years of the summer of code, so we want to avoid disasters.
>
> Are you talking about me specifically?  :)

Jason,

When I re-read my email after sending it, I realized it could be taken
that way.  As I assume you deduce based on your smiley that was not the
intent.  Rather it was an opportunity for me to raise something I think
may be an issue.  There are some of the folks mentoring that I don't know
at all.

Best regards,