[SoC] Mentors - Please review, comment and offer to mentor!

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Mar 26 11:24:35 EDT 2007

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> We have 14 project applications from 12 students.  Please comment no, and
> rate application that apply to projects you are involved in.  Most
> importantly,
> if you think you would be willing to mentor the student for the project,
> please indicate this on the review form.

I was wondering does anybody know if it's possible to have more than one
mentor for a project/application? OR if more than one person applies to
mentor, how it is later decided?

> There are proposals for at least GRASS, PostGIS, uDig, lacking anyone willing
> to mentor them.  Also, I'm the only GDAL mentor signed up for all four GDAL
> proposals - Mateusz, Daniel and Howard - please indicate if you would be
> willing to mentor some of these.
>
> Note that offering to mentor doesn't lock you into the role yet, but we
> need offers on record before Google evaluates how many student slots to
> offer us.

I'm not sure what you mean here - surely if someone says they would be
willing to mentor and then later decides that they are not, that it would
reflect very badly on OSGeo? (Unless I supose there is another fall-back
mentor for that particular application...)

Paul