[SoC] Mentorship Limits

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Mar 30 21:37:24 EDT 2007

Simone Giannecchini wrote:
> I have no problems with giving one of the two projects to someone else
> as long as it is not Daniele Romagnoli's project. He work with me
> quite often and also he lives close to me so I feel pretty confident
> about working with me.
> Anyway, IMHO, the mentor should not just be someone from the pool of
> Java mentors, but someon who knows a bit about the topic, which for
> the second applications is mostly georectifications. I don't know if
> these year Martin Desruisseaux applied as a mentor but he would be the
> best person for mentoring the guy, even because he already mentored
> him last year with quite a sucess.

Simone,

I just ask that the project PSC's tell me who should mentor what, for
the projects that fall under their umbrella.  BTW, I don't see Martin
in the mentor list.  If he would like to mentor, I believe he can still
apply, but someone should let me know afterwards so I can add him to the
OSGeo mentor pool.

Best regards,