[SoC] Enhanced Labeling of Features

Galen Mecham mgalen at cs.ucr.edu
Wed Apr 23 11:12:19 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!

My project has been accepted for Summer of Code!  I will be working on
enhanced labeling for QuantumGIS.  Essentially, this project will make
the labeling a bit smarter, adding collision detection/resolution and
better handling for the labeling of multi-part features.  I'll also be
working on adding some crazy enhancements as well, such as curving the
labels in order to follow features such as streets and rivers.
Congratulations to everyone else who was accepted!  I'm looking
forward to working with the OSGeo community thus summer. :-)

-Galen