[SoC] Re: SoC Report: v.buffer/v.parallel reimplementation

Росен Матев r.matev at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 17:52:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

What I've done?
Fought with floating point arithmetic... Finally, decided that using
multi-precision library is inevitable. I've written correct
Vect_segment_intersection() version and optimized it. Also, I've
mostly rewritten the v.buffer/main.c to use the brand new functions.
Fixed some bugs. Now I'm struggling with GRASS' topology. I've posted
to dev ml a question.

Next week?
Finish v.buffer and update documentation. Deal with the only issue
which left - round parallel lines with big distances.

Blocks?
No.

A couple of screenshots:
http://img48.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buffertypelinesjr7.png