[SoC] Status reports!

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jun 6 09:04:00 EDT 2008

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
>>
>> You should write a mail to your project development mailing list *and*
>> Cc to discuss at lists.osgeo.org. Prefix your emails with "SoC Report:",
>> so that we can more easily spot them. ;)
>

> Should the status reports really be CC'd to the discuss list? That could
> result in quite a bit of noise on that list which is for general OSGeo
> discussion and not intended for specific info like this, especially at
> the rate of 20 reports per week.
>
> I think the most important is to get the report to the project's own dev
> list (and users list if there is one), perhaps with a CC to the SoC
> list, but I'd rather not see all the reports on the discuss list.
>
> What do others think?

Daniel,

That was also my reaction.  20 status reports a week to the OSGeo discuss
list seems disruptive, and not really quite in keeping with the discussions
role of the discuss list.  I had originally proposed the project list and
the (OSGeo) SoC list so that the SoC admins could easily keep an eye on the
reports, and so the students and mentors would have a sense of how others
are operating.

Best regards,