[SoC] GeoWebCache update

Marius Suta marius.geoserver at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:30:09 EDT 2008

Status Report and update on GeoWebCache for the week anding on June
13th, 2008

This week I've begun working with restlet.org. I've written and
integrated into GWC a small servlet using restlet.org. Furthermore,
together with my mentor we've been discussing a different way of
storing the datastructures for the Layer Profiles. We convened upon
XML files. I've also written a simple XMLReader/Writer using jdom.org
for future use.

We then moved on further to discussing the modifications needed for
the TileLayer to adopt the change to XML stored profiles and the
RESTful interface for access/modification.

The following week I will begin coding to implement these changes. No
blocks thus far.

Thank you,

Marius Suta