[SoC] [OSSIM] Ossimplanet integration with Grass and Qgis - status report #12

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Sat Aug 15 14:29:50 EDT 2009

What done this week :

- the qgis plug-in is near to be completed, pick with mouse on qgis
map-canvas will center ossimplanet to the "picked" position (it works
only for lon-lat coordinates, i need to implement an "on the fly"
reprojection based on the qgis project settings)

- finally i get working a tool to read raster layer from the qgis
mapcanvas and send the layer to ossimplanet

- i cleaned the qgis code, eliminate some tools and function to have a
more-thin plug-in.

- finished the function to move the planet between 2 points (i need
yet to add it in the main app)

what to do in the next 2 days :

- i need to work on the qgis plug-in to ... there are a lot of things
to implement to have it more beauty (like reprojections (to 4326) to
work on files that aren't in lon-lat coordinates) i find a solution,
but needs time to be implemented

- i'll add a grass script to use ossimplanetviewer (to use cloud and
visibility rendering options)

here little video to show clouds and sun-light :

http://www.geofemengineering.it/data/video.mov

here slow (sorry) video for the qgis plug-in :

http://www.geofemengineering.it/data/video2.mov

I'll do this last sprint to have the code finished, but seems i have
done the main aim of the project, at least i hope.
however i'll continue to work on it day after day ;-)

my future targhet :

- more and better qgis plug-in

- wx-gui rewrite to have full grass integration

- an independent app to work outside grass and qgis

.. future feedback will give me help to fix possible bugs and go ahead
developping the project.

Thanks All to helped me, to osgeo and google to make this cool
experience possible,
i hope the code will be usefull and you like it ;-)

Ciao,

Massimo

(epifanio on irc.frrenode.net)