[SoC] Netcdf for uDig - status report #7

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 10:56:12 EDT 2009

[...]
>> the interface point between the two libs I guess. Will try to ask some
>> expert about that.
>
> That would be good; I am very confident in the ability of the GeoTools
> referencing model to represent anything (we have not implemented everything
> but whatever); so for me I really want to know what the netCDF library is
> representing in order to see if we can translate between the two.  Note: I
> suspect that it may have an internal grid mapping pixels to lat/lon - but we
> should be able to supply that grid to GeoTools and let it work with the raw
> data directly and not lose anything more than we have to...

I am sure both geotools and netcdf have the possibility to support any
projection.
What I do not think is that this soc project should focus on finding
that transforms, or it may never end.

The navigation part will get deep in the rendering system and I would
prefer to see that get first designed and then real before I start
dealing with removing a reproiection in the middle of a working chain.

Andrea