[SoC] Mentoring - Cartographic Library Project

Cédric Moullet cedric.moullet at camptocamp.com
Thu Mar 26 09:51:21 EDT 2009

Hi Tyler,
Very interesting initiative. In order to avoid to duplicate efforts, I think
is worth to have a look at this SOC description:
http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/Printing+in+GeoServer
The basic idea is to use the MapFish server print component and to use it in
GeoServer. I can totally imagine to go further and to create a print project
as you describe it. At Camptocamp, we would be happy to participate at this
effort. If you need more information about the MapFish print server, here is
some doc: http://trac.mapfish.org/trac/mapfish/wiki/PrintModuleDoc and a
nice demo:
http://demo.mapfish.org/mapfishsample/trunk/examples/print/simple.html
Best regards,