[SoC] Interests in GSoC

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Thu Apr 1 14:35:44 EDT 2010

Greeting Catherine!

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 17:26, Catherine Liu <liu.ying.cathy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> My name is Catherine Liu. I am a master student in Computer Science at
> University of Waterloo, Canada. I am really interested in the projects
> offered in OSGeo, especially in pgRouting (OpenRouter). My current research
> area is in heuristic algorithms and optimization. Specifically, my research
> focuses on real-time/online algorithm for scheduling problems, which can be
> used in search engine, geographic planning, robot motion planning, etc.

Sounds very interesting :) The OpenRouter people will be happy talk
more to you, I believe, so stay tuned!

> I have some questions about the GSoC application process. Can we provide
> more materials (research abstract, poster, etc) besides answering the
> questions in the application?

Certainly! The questions are sort of a way to get aminimum amount of
information. Anything beyond that is a bonus :)

>Do we send our applications to this email list or apply on the GSoC website?

You will have to apply via the GSoC website, or else it won't count,
but I'd recommend you talk about your idea with the OpenRouter people
first (Cc:d), so you get to get some feedback for your idea before you
make your first submission.

Regards,
Wolf Bergenheim
OSGeo GSoC 2010 Administrator