[SoC] Next steps (long but VERY important)

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Mon Apr 12 12:38:54 EDT 2010

Hi!

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 19:25, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
<jsanz at osgeo.org> wrote:
> The votes on the melange application are useless as the mentors (or
> every project PSC) have to do the ranking, Am I right??

Yes you are right. For us the votes are useless, since we have a
number of projects working in the same area.

> For gvSIG project, the project leaders agreed that the ranking will be
> done by the Technical Steering Committee and I'll send to you the
> results (as the person in charge of the gvSIG GSoC participation).

Ok, sounds good. Please make sure you have marked some mentors for all
proposals.

> What will be the OSGeo protocol to decide the proposals selection? I
> think I haven't read anything about it before.

I'ts pretty simple. Order the projects according to popularity and
start giving out slots in that order. So Project A would get one slot
and then project B and so on until all projects have been gone though,
then Project A gets its second slot etc.