[SoC] Re: GeoTools, uDig, GeoServer support for Neo4j GSoC results

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Tue Aug 17 04:42:06 EDT 2010

Peter Neubauer ha scritto:
> Andrea,
> we would like to propose neo4j-spatial as a plugin to GeoTools - we
> are just not sure what that means in terms of code? We could for
> instance have the adapter code in the GeoTools svn, and pull in the
> necessary libs via Maven, so we can do the main development over at
> GIThub.

Adapter code... you mean the datastore?
We have something like that for imageio-ext, it's a separate project
working at the JAI level and GeoTools contains higher level layers
of the software stack (the coverage readers).

It's doable as long as the license you choose for your work is
compatible with LGPL

> Is that a workable solution? How do we get contribution rights to GeoTools?

You have to sign and send (via snail mail) a contribution agreement
that gives OSGEO the ownership of the code contributed to GeoTools.

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOT/1+Contributors

Cheers
Andrea

--