[SoC] Signing up as a mentor

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Wed Mar 10 17:57:43 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 01:42, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Along these lines I was thinking that we should mention
> something similar in the application about using GSoC as a
> great opportunity to get all the diverse collection os OSGeo
> umbrella projects to break out of their individual dev/discuss
> groups and get to know each other and each other's codebases
> better.  Communication good, redundancy bad!

Agreed. This is definitely one of the goals of GSoC. Why in 2008 we
saw the birth of Spatialytics, which combines open source geospatial
software in a way never done before!

--Wolf

PS I added a paragraph about this to the application. Please check it
out and feel free to expand it. I like your last sentence,
"Communication good, redundancy bad!" ;).