[SoC] Enhancing Geoserver Authentication (last report)

christian.mueller at nvoe.at christian.mueller at nvoe.at
Mon Aug 22 09:11:27 EDT 2011

Last week I finished reworking the admin GUI and added Junit/Apche
Wicket tests for each dialog to achieve a good code coverage.

This week I will setup an official site to demonstrate the new GUI in
action and provide a (monster) patch, which will be the last action
during GSOC 2011.

Until now  finished the following topics.

Introducing user groups
Introducing hierarchical roles
Plugable role provider
Plugable user/group provider
Rework of the security amdin gui
Junit tests for all items mentioned above

Work on this topic will continue, next step are authentication mechanisms.

Cheers
Christian