[SoC] GSoC Week 2 Report: Graphical User Interface for the hydrological tools r.stream* in GRASS GIS

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 05:47:24 EDT 2011

Hi All,

this is to inform you about updates in my GSoC project.

== Work done during week 2 ==

During current week

* I studied some of the r.stream modules to be managed by the GUI. The idea
is to manage the hydrological study in two steps, as detailed on my
project's wiki page [0].
* I opened a repository on github [1] in order to upload my helloworlds and
the pieces of code that currently can be run standalone. My very first
helloworld in wxpython has been committed and I have to say that the first
approach to wx has been soft (i.e. not traumatic yet ;-) ). That's joke, I'm
starting to have fun.

== Work to do in week 3 ==

In the next week i plan

* to learn more functionalities of wxpython, i.e. how to manage tabs,
previews of images from a folder etc.
* to keep studying r.stream modules, in order to plan how the GUI shall
manage the tasks.
* to keep my project's wiki page up-to-date.

Regards,

madi

[0] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/Wx.stream_gsoc2011#Bulletin_Board
[1] https://github.com/madi