[SoC] Re: Multi-modal public transit routing for pgRouting

Kishore Kumar justjkk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 12:57:35 EDT 2011

Hi,

Wow, the last week went too fast and I'm presenting my second week report
with this mail.

Things done in the second week:
* Collected more GTFS data through chennai-rail-gtfs[1] project.
* Finalized database topology and confirmed[2] with mentor.
* Wrote a couple of test cases for testing the SQL functions[3].

Things to finish by next week:
* To sketch the public transit routing algorithm as a modified a_star
* To implement sm_public_transit_route function in c.

Roadblocks:
* Couldn't find enough time till today to finish this week's objectives.
This resulted in cutting down on writing tests. Should write tests alongside
implementation.

[1] - https://github.com/justjkk/chennai-rail-gtfs
[2] - http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-dev/2011-June/000266.html
[3] -