[SoC] Symbology improvements for Qgis - W weekly report 10

Arunmozhi P aruntheguy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 10:27:17 PDT 2012

Hello all,

What I did this week?
This week I was working on a adding grouping and tagging support for
the color ramps in the style manger. Then I worked on the import and
export of the symbols using the symbol import and export dialog. Fixed
the functional calls in the dialog's code and added xml export and
import functions derived from the old code base in the core.

What I am planing to do next week?
I am planning to implement the social part of the project. Will work
on the easier import, export and sharing old the symbols. I have been
discussing with the mentors how we can best achieve this.

Trouble points.
I am a bit lost at the implementation of project symbols in the style
manager,  as the symbols are not directly by qgsproject but by calling
the renderers. I trying to figure out where to catch them and group
them. I hope this will be resolved in a couple of days.