[SoC] Image Segmentation - GRASS - GSoC report #6

Eric Momsen eric.momsen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 18:00:08 PDT 2012

Hi,

As I suspected, I planned too much for the week.  Progress was made in 2 of
the 3 tasks:

* Updated storage technique for some of the processing flags and
information.  Big speed improvement, but still further gains are needed.

results are getting better, and also I checked the original pixel values
against the mean of the segment they are assigned to, the distribution
appeared reasonable.

Plan for next week:

* Add a final iteration to force small segments (below user input size) to
merge.
* Try a few more changes to find speed improvements.

Blocking:
Company visiting this week :)   Performance (speed) is still the biggest
challenge, but we keep finding more options to speed things up.

Regards,
Eric