[SoC] OSM cgimap GSOC 2013 report #3

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Sat Jul 6 03:08:15 PDT 2013

What did I get done this week?

http://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/julnetwork.png

I somehow managed to get everything done this week I had planned to, and am
now significantly ahead of my schedule.

I now have a version of cgimap that will respond to map? calls with data
from a pgsnapshot backend

I also got a patched merged upstream that eliminates a potentially costly
JOIN on the main API servers.

What do I plan on doing next week?

By using cgimap the first part of my project went significantly faster than
intended.

I'm thinking some combination of testing, and optimizing some SQL which
might need some cgimap refactoring. I finished the map? stuff tonight and
haven't given it a great deal of thought.

Did I block on anything?

I spent a lot of time working around limitations of pqxx, which does not
support hstore in results or arrays in results.