[SoC] Timeline for Java Surface Model Library/API For GeoTools Project

Julian Padilla padillajulian1 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 16:35:53 PDT 2013

 Hello Summer of Code,

I'm not satisfied to state that I have missed the deadline to submit a
revised proposal. The portion of the proposal that I had revised is the
timeline in which the project will be executed. If Summer of Code could
take this into consideration, I believe it will be well worth the effort.
Below is the revised timeline for my project and I would like to thank all
efforts in viewing this revised timeline for my project.
Thanks Summer of Code,

Julian Padilla

Project Schedule

5/27 to 6/16

-           Review GeoTools Developer Guide and coding standards.

-           Get GeoTools SVN access and a folder for a new unsupported
module.

-           Review basic TIN concepts with mentor.

-           Define conceptual module architecture and key Java interfaces
in API.

6/17 to 6/23

-           Implement TIN interface.

6/24 to 6/30

-           Start work in TinBuilder class.

7/1 to 7/7

-           Complete work on TinBuilder class.

7/8 to 7/14

-           Define TIN file format. Start work in reader/writer classes for
file format.

7/15 to 7/28

-           Complete work on reader/writer classes for file format.

7/29: Midterm Evaluation

8/5 to 8/11

-           Work on software testing and API (Javadoc) documentation.

8/12 to 8/18

-           Prepare developer guide/user guide.

8/19 to 8/25

-           Work on TIN analysis framework.

8/26 to 9/1

-           Implement watershed calculator as test implementation of TIN
analysis framework.

9/2 to 9/8

-           Work on software testing and API (Javadoc) documentation.

9/9 to 9/15

-           Update developer guide/user guide.

9/16 to 9/20

-           Address review comments from mentor and GeoTools developers.