[SoC] GSoC UbuntuGIS Report

Jerome Villeneuve Larouche jlarouche at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 12 13:41:56 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm making a small report before the end of the GSoC to let you know
about the latest addition to UbutunGIS and what's going on about the
Debian Stable repository.

University is already started so in the last weeks I had a lot less time
to put toward my GSoC, this is also why I started working on it in advance.

I've finished the GDAL and Mapserver Oracle plugins. They are available
in Raring, Precise, Quantal and Lucid. There are two small tutorials on
the Wiki to explain how they work.

I'm also almost done setting up a server for a Debian Wheezy repository.
I'm making this repo to make life easier for people on Debian Stable who
don't want to do some apt-pinning with the unstable repo. All the
packages on this repository will be built against packages available in
Wheezy so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

I know that there are some packages that were in my todo list that
weren't done, I haven't forgotten them and I'll try to work on them
later :).

As always if you have any problem feel free to ask on the mailing list
or open a ticket on the UbuntuGIS wiki.

Thank you
Jérôme