[SoC] Mentor Introduction

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 02:25:57 PDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Conrad Bielski
<conrad_bielski at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> my name is Conrad Bielski and I'm going through the process to become an
> OSGeo GSoc mentor. Since this is the first time that I will be mentoring, I
> was thinking of being the backup mentor for the project OTB ICE extension
> for Monteverdi2: implementation of dynamic functionalities.
>
> My areas of interest are in automatic information extraction from remotely
> sensed data and the visualisation of this information and that is why this
> particular project that Martina will be working on caught my interest. I
> have been working with OTB for over 5 years and think that this type of
> functionality will be very interesting for Sentinel-2 data (but of course
> other sensors as well).
>
> In the past, I have worked at JPL and the JRC mostly with information
> extraction from remotely sensed data but also with ground based laser 3D
> reconstruction and high performance computing for image processing. For just
> over a year, I have started my own consulting company that focuses on
> providing high performance computing solutions for customers geospatial
> computing problems.
>
> Have a great day,
> Conrad :)

Hi Conrad, glad to have you as comentor for Martina!

You can complete your registration as mentor by following steps 4 and
6 of the registration procedure:

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2014_Administrative#How_to_register_as_a_mentor

Let me know in private mail if you need assistance. I will be quite
busy today, but will answer you in the evening at latest.

Best regards and thanks again,
Anne